The name, hopefully, says it all. What can happen when Christians from around a community unite for one goal: to Celebrate Christ? Well, the answer is pretty easy - ANYTHING can happen. This past Sunday (October 7th) Living Truth was part of a group of churches that served the community of Marysville and surrounding areas for the sake of the Gospel. We took part because this is what Jesus told us to do. Jesus states that there are two great commandments - the first is to love the Lord with all of our being (heart, soul, mind and strength). The second is equal to it - that is to love our neighbors as ourselves.
But what does it mean to love like this? This truly is a foreign concept in our world. I firmly believe that this kind of love means stepping outside of ourselves and giving of who we are for the benefit and well-being of others. On Sunday, teams of people went to different homes around town to clean gutters, wash windows, rake leaves, and do other odds and ends work throughout town. Why? you may be asking...
The answer is simple - because of Jesus! That's right, Jesus is the reason that we live and we love. Jesus is the reason that we serve those around us. Jesus gave us His all, by dying on the cross to forgive us our sins. He held nothing back - and now He calls us to Him by loving and serving others. Doesn't seem like too much to ask.
But we must make sure we get the ordering correct here...we serve because HE FIRST SERVED US!!! NOT the other way around! Now we are given access to the power of the Holy Spirit through prayer and study of the Bible. The reason we serve is because we have been served first by God.
What an amazing day it was! The day started with a time to Celebrate all that Christ is and has done...we then lived lives of service and came back to be filled with some piping hot chili and more encouragement from the Word. God is Great!!! We are privileged to serve HIM!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
By showing your love for Christ. You also can find out new things about yourself. For me it was helping at the Marysville Food Pantry. A group of us helped put new sidding on the back of the food pantry. I had to leave early and the others there did most of the work. So I want to give them their props. But the short time I was able to help. I got to fire a 'nail gun'. It was really cool. It used .22 caliber blank shells to fire the nail. The gun was able to shoot the nail through a few inches of wood and then into concrete. So for me, it was a fun day. Not only did I meet some new friends. But I got to do something I had never done before. Fire a nail gun.
Post a Comment